Well, I have to say that I am actually pretty excited that I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Yes, it is true! I have been nominated by Our Small Moments Matter and you can check out the post here if you would like.
So what IS the Liebster Award? Let me quickly tell you. The Official Rules of the Leibster Award are as follows:
“The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Well now doesn’t that make me feel fancy! (Thanks Nancy)
Tricia nominated me and I actually don’t know her. But I am honoured that I was nominated by her! As part of the Liester Award I was asked 11 questions from Tricia but first, I have to give 10 RANDOM FACTS about myself.
- I like cats and grew up always having many of them (outside cats of course);
- I really enjoy watching reality TV (Big Brother, Survivor, Hells Kitchen, Hotel Hell, Amazing Race just to name a few);
- I have travelled to many countries all over the world (going to Cambodia to give bananas to HIV AIDS patients is a highlight);
- I use movie quotes in my every day language especially with family members (aka the title of this blog – It’s from the Grinch that stole Christmas (the one with Jim Carey));
- I just applied for Big Brother Canada 6 (#BBCAN6 pick meeeeee!!!);
- Westjet is my favourite airline to travel on. I love Westjet so much that I actually own Westjet luggage;
- In 2008 I was stuck in the Vancouver airport (sadly not flying Westjet) for approximately 3 days;
- I tore my ACL while playing basketball in high school (I actually feel like that was more painful then child birth);
- I collect magnets from all the places I’ve been to; and lastly
- I hate riding carnival rides but love going to carnivals.
Now the Questions from Tricia at Our Small Moments Matter:
- Why did you start a blog?
- I started blogging because I wanted the WORLD (to be not so dramatic – Alberta) to know that there is SO MUCH FREE STUFF to take part in. It’s frustrating to hear people complain about “nothing to do for free” and “no where to go for free” and “I can’t afford to do that with my kids” because TRUST ME – YOU CAN!!
- How did you choose your niche?
- Totally came naturally because I’m just doing what I do and have always done. I’ve always looked for freebies everywhere I’ve gone and everywhere I go! I hope that others who want free stuff and NEED free stuff follow me because it’s worth it. (psssst it’s FREE)
- Book or movie?
- What kind of question is this?! I’m going to take this as…. “Book or movie with my kids?” I take book. Because my 2 year old is a HUUUUUUUGE book lover. So I’ve grown to take some deep breaths, sit for a VERY long time and read many many many books to her and with her.
- What is your favorite kind of candy?
- This is a funny question as we are turning away from sugars and processed foods. The healthier we eat the more candy is really a toxin for me. So that’s a good thing! To answer the question I would pick liquorice. (like twizzlers or nibs)
- If you could go anywhere real or make-believe where would it be?
- Mako Island because I’ve been watching WAY too many MAKO Mermaids shows with my 7 year old.
- What was your biggest challenge in life and what did you do to overcome it?
- I’ve had two. But now I’ve married the man of my dreams and we have 3 beautiful kids together!
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- Obviously cat because that is one of my random facts about myself
- What are your hobbies?
- As a child it was rock collecting. But I’m starting to think that that was every kids hobbies.
- If you could meet one celebrity who would it be and why?
- Hmmm I don’t really know. Probably Gordan Ramsey because we watch many of his shows or Chalene Johnson because I love watching her workouts and she’s a lot of fun.
- Are you an introvert, extrovert, or combination of both?
- Defiantly an extrovert and if you read any of my posts I feel like a yell in them ALOT. I am excited and passionate about the things I find for free and love spreading the news! Maybe a little bit of an introverted extrovert though. It depends.
- What is your most favorite thing to do at the end of a hard day?
- Those are rare. I choose to not have “hard days”. Regardless of emotional or physical issues I believe that you can choose life or death. I choose a spirit of life! So what do I do? I change my attitude (Thanks Tina Turner!) when I’ve had a hard day.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award are:
- thismamloveslife.com because she blogs about travel, life and parenting;
- refreshedmama.com because she blogs about being impactful, for mom’s and dads and life with kids;
- passportsandpigtails.com because she blogs about travel, travel and more travel! She even blogged about her top 25 travel tips;
- withshaylenemarie.com because she is from Nova Scotia and a lifestyle blogger. Her recent blog about her trip to Novia Scotia sparked my interest; and lastly
- oureverydays.ca because she is a mother, a breastfeeding supporter and posts DIY’s.
My list of 11 questions for my nominee’s are as follows:
- If you were a shoe what shoe would you be and why?
- If you could only live in one season for the rest of your life which one would that be and why?
- Out of all your regrets in life which one have you changed?
- If you were on a desert island and all your basic needs were met what 2 things would you bring with you? (because you obviously can’t bring just one!)
- If you could go back to a specific time in your life what would it be?
- What’s the best kind of candy bar?
- If you could make 1 BIG CHANGE happen regardless of time or money what change would you make?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
- If you were painting right now what would you be painting?
- If you had $10 in your pocket and was walking down the main mall strip in your town what would you do with it?
- What do you love most about blogging?
I look forward to your responses! Thanks and congratulations! We made it!